Link: Sledding 1
Link: Sledding 2


December was very pretty eventful to say the least! We received some sad news on December 11th. After a doctor appointment we ended up in the ER with the diagnosis of our oldest son, John Phillip, having Type 1 diabetes. It was a looong week of being in the hospital and traveling to Children's hospital in Denver for more information and classes on how to take care of little John. But with the support and prayers of family and friends, we were able to make it through. It's gotten a lot easier already, but it's a lifestyle change, and hard to explain to a little two year old who doesn't understand what's going on. John has been so brave and tough and has handled it all very well. I don't think it will ever get easy for me and Phil to take his blood sugar and give him insulin shots many times a day, or to see our little baby in pain, but we are so thankful it's treatable and not something worse. It's getting better day by day. Thankfully Phil's sister, Clare, came to our rescue and was able to fly out for about a week to help us out during this time. I don't know what we would have done without her help!
It's hard to accept and not question God with a situation like this, but one more opportunity to TRUST in Jesus. I know he has the best plan for John Phillip's life, and this is only going to make him more of a strong loving boy than before. We were in the hospital on the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, who has been a source of strength and comfort for me since I first got married. I've worn Our Lady of Guadalupe medal around my neck since after high school. So I felt her grace showering us that day. Thank you Christ for the gift of your mother in times like these. And St. Jose Maria Scriva, pray for us! (patron saint of diabetes who was miraculously cured)
Angela Arrives!
Auntie Ange came out just in time. It put my heart at peace to know I would not only have help for about a month during a very desprite time, but to know that certain somebody was my very best sister, Angela. I couldn't wait till she arrived! She came out the week after John was diagnosed with diabetes, so she not only helped us recover, but was here for the Christmas hustle and bustle, as well as pre and post-baby craziness. I tend to get so caught up in all the little things I have to do...especially getting ready for the baby. Angela not only helped with the boys, cleaning, meal time, but she provided me warmth and cheer during a very stressful/nervous time. It was so nice not having to worry about the boys while I was at the hospital because she learned how to take care of John's diabetic needs too. What a treat this past month was with her! We miss her so much and are already counting down the days till a summer visit. John still calls for aunt "Mimi" during the day. I love you Ange, my forever MOH! ;)
Christmas with Angela, William and Bridget, little Margaret and Christine:
Words can't express how much fun this was to have family here for Christmas! Despite the battles of John and Margaret not wanting to share toys, they had sweet cousin moments together and we had a great time watching our children and spending quality time together. Snow day sled rides, Settlers of Catan games, movies, baking, last minute shopping, and flying toy helicoptor wars. :) Favorite moment: dressing up the kids in tights (including John and Dominic), and reinacting the Nutcracker performance to music.
Nutcracker Performance:
Christmas Eve/Day Photos:
Link: Birthday Boys
I have to stop and remember how precious these years are for me and Phil. I know I will miss these moments when my boys are so little, loving and innocent, and these years of marriage where we still feel like newly weds at times (hope that lasts forever). We don't have any family in town, so we've really had to rely on each other these past couple years and have had so much fun making the start of our own little life together. And with babies due right after Christmas for the past two years, we've made our own Christmas memories. This time in our lives has been challenging, but has been accompanied by so much joy. Wish I could hit pause and make it last forever.
So yes, this winter has brought a many wonderful things!















Wow - so much life....so beautiful. Very proud of you Tricia, I can see your total surrender through these pictures and parts of life you are giving up so they may have theirs. Heroic mom award! love you!!
ReplyDelete