On the first of January, Phil and I consecrated ourselves to Mary. We started the consecration a little before December, which was perfect timing. The devotion took us through a time when we really needed Mary. We did ours with the book, "33 Days to Morning Glory." It's truly amazing the insights we've received and the closeness I feel with Our Lady already. She has really taken care of us these past couple weeks, and given us the graces from God that we needed at specific times.
I wanted to share one of my favorite quotes from the book, taken from Mother Teresa. It's the perfect quote for anyone going through a hardship or suffering in any way. I read it around the time of the Kindergarden shooting in December. It's something I will share with John someday when he's having a hard time with his Diabetes. Oh how badly I wish I could take it away from him! Hope these words are a source of comfort for those who need them right now.
"Suffering has to come because if you look at the cross, he has got his head bending down-he wants to kiss you-and he has both hands open wide-he wants to embrace you. He has his heart opened wide to receive you. Then when you feel miserable inside, look at the cross and you will know what is happening. Suffering, pain, sorrow, humiliation, feelings of loneliness, are nothing but the kiss of Jesus, a sign that you have come so close that he can kiss you. Do you understand, brothers, sisters, or whoever you may be? Suffering, pain, humilitation-this is the kiss of Jesus. At times you come so close to Jesus on the cross that he can kiss you. I once told this to a lady who was suffering very much. She answered, "Tell Jesus not to kiss me-to stop kissing me." That suffering has to come that came in the life of Our Lady, that came in the life of Jesus-it has to come to our life also. Only never put on a long face. Suffering is a gift from God. It is between you and Jesus alone inside."
No comments:
Post a Comment