Amelia, (aka Petunia)
You are a breath of fresh air, a daisy in the winter, our sweetness amongst the stinky, our "sugars." Oh if you only knew how your little life has impacted this big world already. You are a dream come true. As I was holding you, rocking you the other week, I realized, "Wow, I've been waiting my whole life for you to come into my world." Daddy says you melt all his problems away. How do you do it? I don't know. This year went by in a blink, but it was filled with so many sweet memories of you (see your youtube 1st year dedication video for a recap).
Nothing can beat your scrunched-face smile that looks as though you're trying with all your might to get the 'biggest smile in the world' award. You are such a tiny, petite princess, with a huge feisty and funny personality. You are such a good sweet baby, always smiling and giggling and seek to make others do the same. But as you grow it's also funny to see your feistiness come out more and more with a side of temper. No one can take a toy away from you without a little fit from you. You love when your brothers play rough and tough with you, rolling you around on the floor wrestling you. You like to climb everything and stand on your highchair, proud of yourself and calling for your brothers to come and see you. You try and get other people's attention the whole time during mass. What can I say, I think you'll take after your father like the others with a sanguine personality...my favorite.
You surprise others with how smart you are because it looks like you are younger than you are. You finally want to walk, but still don't quite have the strength to but stand up on your own. You have been a very slow eater but want to eat everything now. I had to sweeten your foods and this was the trick to get you to finally eat something without gagging. Oh, and clapping for you after every bite too. (I'll have to remember the affirmation trick) You've always loved bananas like the others. You love to read books. You like music and shaking your maraca to the beat. You love bath time now that you can sit and splash. You hardly ever got a bath as a baby and you were scared of them too. You get more excited to see your brothers in the morning than to see me or Dad, and I'm okay with that. No one can make you laugh like they can. And all you want to do is be around them and watch them play. John says he is going to marry you. Dominic says he wants you to stay his baby forever. And if Isaac could talk I'm sure he'd say that you're his favorite. He loves taking care of you and has been the best at it. He's always trying to snuggle with you but you scare him away with a swat or two.
Your hair doesn't grow on top, just the sides. But don't worry, it will someday and we will cover it up with a bow or headband for you until then. You have killer eyes, or "iconic eyes" as the man in Sephora told you. You have the cutest dimpled cheeks and little chin I've ever seen. People say you look like me, but I know you take after your Daddy more which is a good thing.
I can't wait to have tea parties with you and maybe even dress up and play dolls with you too. ;)
We love you Amelia Marie!
Mommy and clan
3 days old: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seXPUPl_8EY
Coo's at 10 weeks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPiEc6W1Xns
Favorite age: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5ZctWrtT3o
Giggles:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h8K0S45s6U
Miss chatter box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Crusin': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owv7BUjkTAc
What a sweetie! She and my little Sophie (10 months) have a lot in common - including the three older brothers! Love your blog!
ReplyDelete